Saturday, May 7, 2011

Days 6 -12

Days 6-9: May 1st - May 4th: I survived the Clomid cycle. No real mood swings, a few hot flashes, some cramping...here's hoping I have multiple follicles!

Day 11: Friday, May 6th: We were up and off to the hospital for my first ever ultrasound...the internal probe! I almost cried when I saw the ultrasound machine knowing that in a few months we could be seeing our baby on there. There was lots of clicking and typing and probing but it was over quickly. She said I had one follicle on my left side and two on my right side around 10mm. I had no clue what she was talking about. I googled it on my way home...they need to be 20mm and grow at 1-2 mm at day. I love Jen's description of the ultrasound...the moon and craters. She wanted to pull a chair up next to the technician...it was very fascinating to her.

Dr. B's office called while I was in Alton and of course could not access my voice mail. I held my phone until I got into Old Town. The nurse said to call she had my test results. I pulled over in the Y parking lot and chatted. She said ultrasound looked good, call when I surge. I asked her about the timing of our shipment. She got kind of cold and said she couldn't answer that. So I got assertive and said "Can you tell from the ultrasound how soon I'm going to ovulate? Will Clomid make me ovulate sooner than Day 22?". She said I had one follicle measuring 17.5mm x 13.3 mm. Again...the numbers meant nothing. She put me on hold to talk to the doctor. Dr. B said I will probably surge over the weekend so try to have the IUI here by Monday. My heart sank into my feet...MONDAY! I played the what if game and again Nurse Crankypants said "there is no guarentee" but was a little empathetic when I said this was all out of pocket. We talked about a few other details and she said call when we surge and they will fit us in!

I pulled myself together, called home and told Jen to find my account information so I could call CCB and place our order. Jen couldn't believe we were going so soon either. I called CCB, they had us down for 2 ICI vials. Again, I was put on hold, holding my breath and praying the whole time that we would still be able to get the donor we wanted. After 5 minutes that seemed like 5 hours, she confirmed our order, said it would be shipped in the morning and arrive by noon on Monday.

I smiled the whole way to Angelos and Hannaford. Then I hand these pangs of "This could not work". Then I reset my brain...I could be pregnant before the end of the month! I text Jenny & R.K...both very excited for us.

Day 12: Saturday, May 7th: Ovulation test shows a faint line...last time I had a faint line I surged the next day! We could be doing an IUI Monday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment